Friday, August 24, 2012

Event#4: Wrestling

This event yielded, in my opinion, the largest variety of genres of wrestling imaginable from WWF drama to the Karate Kid. I bet the judges had a difficult time pin-pointing exactly what they were judging, I know I would have.

So, here are the results of the Wrestling competition. Congratulations to the winners!

The medalists were very good, most of them were more simple, high-school-style wrestling, I'd say, clean, and pure. Except the goblin from Warsong Offensive—drama queen! ;)

A few times I almost went off track with my own idea, and having chosen a hulking Draenei my intent was to go for more of a WWF look. In the end if was a simple WWF, neutral color, not too much drama.

Please welcome, Dranoss "The Fang"!

Dranoss "The Fang"

Featured above: Formidable Circlet, Scorpid-Sting Mantle, Vicious Gladiator's Ringmail Armor, Spiritwalker Handwraps, Split Shape Belt, Sentry's Leggings, Tsunami Boots (or any shoes that don't display on a Draenei).

The details for the Wrestling entry were: "Wrestling – We’re going to deviate from olympic wrestling and go to the sports entertainment aspect instead.  Using one of the “championship” belts, design your own Azerothian pro wrestler.  Think of the oversized belts, such as the Firemend Cinch [..]." And "Your event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues entering the discus)."

Athlete's Profile

Incidentally, here were my favorites, and I repeat: I would have sucked as a judge in this event.

The Pimp, The Wrestler, and Mr. Miyagi. BONZAI Danielsan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;